- Free shipping
Express Premium Soldering Kit 66440001
Free shipping in the continental USA (Alaska and Hawaii not included).
(A) Buy the #66434000 premium iron only (without the kit).
(B) Buy the entire kit #66440001, including the iron (select below).
The iron comes with a medium copper turbo tip. This soldering iron is ultra-light and ultra-strong, and this is our most popular Express soldering kit. The innovative ergonomic handle offers a convenient thumb controlled on and off switch, plus a push button igniter with up to 50,000 quick starts. Made in France.The Express soldering iron is used for soldering zinc, copper, and stainless steel. It has a swivel hose attachment and 70 second start up time.
The iron length is 11 5/8". Iron weight is 34.8 ounces. It can be used with 5 lb., 10 lb., or 20 lb. L/P tanks, or the same propane tank you use on your grill. The copper tip is continuously heated by flame directed into the tip. There is no need to change tips when soldering, or to use two irons. Open flame soldering is notorious for catching buildings on fire. These closed-flame soldering outfits allow you to safely solder on roofs without the danger of open flame torches.
Included in the premium soldering kit:
* The #66434000 premium iron
* Medium Copper Turbo Tip: 9 ounces, 3 3/4" length.
* Propane Regulator: 30 - 60 PSI, UL listed, compact design.
* LP Gas Quick Connects: For fast connect and disconnect of soldering iron and hose, no tools needed, made of brass, LH 9/16.
* Hose: 12 ft. hose, UL listed.
* Sal Ammoniac and Holder: Use sal ammoniac to clean and tin dirty tips.
* Soldering Flux: Express Flux for new metals (zinc and copper).
* Solder Flux Bottle: For soldering flux, with screw cap.
* Solder Flux Brushes: 25 pieces in a bag, for soldering fluid, acids, oil, etc.
* Tool Box: Includes a removable tray. May vary in color from what is shown.
DO NOT KEEP LIQUID FLUX IN THE TOOL BOX. ONLY KEEP FLUX BOTTLE IN THE TOOL BOX WHEN THE BOTTLE IS EMPTY.
What's the difference between the Premium Express iron and the Standard Express iron? The premium iron has a piezo igniter and a quick connect fitting. The standard iron does not (although you get a quick connect fitting with the standard kit). The premium iron lights automatically at the click of a button. The standard iron needs a match, lighter, or striker to light it. The premium iron pops off the hose easily so the iron can be put away in your tool box. The standard iron has a screw-on fitting and is permanently attached to a hose, unless you want to disconnect it with a wrench (or buy the standard kit and get the quick connect fitting too).
- Brian HamillSep 16, 2021, 09:35 PMI bought the Express Premium Soldering kit because I needed to replace copper roofing on my house and wanted to do it right. The guys at Slate Roof Warehouse were very helpful in giving me pointers to get started. The soldering iron worked great once I got the hang of it. definitely a quality tool built to last.Slate Roof WarehouseSep 17, 2021, 10:57 AMThank you for the review, Brian! We really appreciate it and I am sure other people will find it helpful.