Express Standard Soldering Kit 66440002
(A) Buy the #66432001 standard iron only (without the kit).
(B) Buy the entire kit #66440002, including the iron (select below).
This powerful propane soldering kit includes all the elements for heavy duty sheet metal soldering. It comes tested and assembled for immediate use on the roof or in the shop. Made in France.
Included with the Kit:
* Express soldering iron #66432001: for soldering zinc, copper, and stainless steel. It has a swivel hose attachment and 80-second start up time. The iron length is 13 1/4". The iron weight is 33 ounces.
* Medium Copper Tip: 9 oz., 3 3/4" length
* Propane Regulator: 30 - 60 PSI, UL listed, compact design
* LP Gas Quick Connects: for fast connection and disconnection of soldering iron and hose, no further tools needed, made of brass, LH 9/16.
* Hose: 12 ft. hose, UL listed
* Flux Brushes: 25 pieces, for soldering flux, acids, oil, etc.
* Tool Box: Includes a removable tray. May vary in color from what is shown.
We also sell the Premium Express Soldering Iron kit.
What's the difference between the Premium Express iron and the Standard Express iron? The premium iron has a piezo igniter and a quick connect fitting. The standard iron does not (although you get a quick connect fitting with the standard kit). The premium iron lights automatically at the click of a button. The standard iron needs a match, lighter, or striker to light it. The premium iron pops off the hose easily so the iron can be put away in your tool box. The standard iron has a screw-on fitting and is permanently attached to a hose, unless you want to disconnect it with a wrench (or buy the standard kit and get the quick connect fitting too).
Flat-lock soldered copper roofing.
Flat-Lock Soldered Copper Roofing (PDF Download)
Soldering Copper Roof Flashing (PDF Download)
Hot Tips for Vertical Soldering (PDF Download)
Soldered Seam Copper Roofs (PDF Download)