Express Soldering Kit 66440001
Free shipping in the continental USA (Alaska and Hawaii not included).
Premium Freund Express Propane Soldering Kit Model 66440001. Comes with medium turbo hammer copper tip. This soldering iron is ultra-light and ultra-strong, and is our most popular Express soldering kit. The innovative ergonomic handle offers a convenient thumb controlled on and off switch, plus a push button igniter with up to 50,000 quick starts. Made in France.
You can also buy the premium iron without the kit (select below).
Includes express soldering iron for zinc, copper and stainless with swivel hose attachment, 70 seconds start up time, iron length 11 5/8", iron weight 34.8 oz. Can be used with 5 lb., 10 lb., or 20 lb. L/P tank, or the same one you use on your grill. Copper tip is continuously heated by flame directed into tip. No need to change tips during use or to use two irons. Open flame soldering is notorious for catching buildings on fire. These closed-flame soldering outfits allow you to safely solder on roofs without the danger of open flames.
Also included in the premium soldering kit:
* Medium Tip (9 oz., 3 3/4" length).
* Regulator (30 - 60 PSI, UL listed, compact design).
* LP Gas Quick Connects (for fast connection and disconnection of soldering iron and hose, no further tools needed, made of brass, LH 9/16).
* Hose (12 ft. hose, UL listed).
* Soldering Block Holder (ammonia stone for soldering, brush holder, flux canister).
* Soldering Flux - Express Flux for new metals (zinc and copper). DO NOT KEEP LIQUID FLUX IN THE TOOL BOX.
* Soldering Fluid Bottle (for soldering flux, with screw cap). ONLY KEEP FLUX BOTTLE IN THE TOOL BOX WHEN THE BOTTLE IS EMPTY.
* Soldering Fluid Brushes (25 pieces in a bag, for soldering fluid, acids, oil, etc.).
* Tool Box, includes a removable tray. May vary in color from what is shown.
What's the difference between the Premium Express iron and the Standard Express iron? The premium iron has a piezo igniter and a quick connect fitting. The standard iron does not (although you get a quick connect fitting with the standard kit). The premium iron lights automatically at the click of a button. The standard iron needs a match, lighter, or striker to light it. The premium iron pops off the hose easily so the iron can be put away in your tool box. The standard iron has a screw-on fitting and is permanently attached to a hose, unless you want to disconnect it with a wrench (or buy the standard kit and get the quick connect fitting too).